1. The law of England and Wales shall apply to these terms and conditions of sale. Your order is subject to the following terms and conditions (unless you have made special arrangements directly with us). These may change from time to time.
2. McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited reserves the right to withhold further supplies in the event of any material breach of these terms and conditions or for any other reason, which, at the discretion of the company warrants such action.
3. McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited shall not be held liable in any way for loss of trade or profit occurring to the customer in the event of delivery of the goods being frustrated or delayed by reason of fire, flood, accidents, riots, lockouts, trade disputes, acts or restraints of governments, the imposing of restrictions on exploration or from other causes not within reasonable control of the Company.
4. All advertised prices are subject to change without prior notice.
5. Claims for goods damaged in transit or short-shipment of goods must be made within 10 days of receipt by the customer, otherwise no liability will be accepted.
6. Returns are subject to the McGraw-Hill Returns Policy. This can be found at
7. Payment terms, which shall commence from the date of the invoice, are as stated on the face of all invoices and statements.
8. No Settlement discount may be claimed in respect of early payment.
9. All amounts due are payable in the currency billed by cheque/draft drawn on any UK Bank (Sterling and US Dollar) or any New York bank (US Dollar) or by credit transfer to the following accounts. Please ensure you quote your account number and invoice(s) being paid.
i. Deutsche Bank AG. 6-8 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4DA
Sort Code: 23-10-48
Swift Code: DEUTGB2L
Bank Account Name: McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited
£ (Sterling) Account Number: 18652102
IBAN £: GB51DEUT40508118652102
$ (US Dollar) Account Number: 18652104
IBAN US$: GB94DEUT40508118652104
€ (Euro) Account Number : 18652100
IBAN €: GB08DEUT40508118652100
ii. Customers paying direct by sterling cheque, should send the orders and/or cheques (made payable to McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited)
PO BOX 16
iii. For customers based in Germany, payment is available through BAG. For details please contact the Credit Control Department.
iv. We also accept payment by MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Diner, Visa Debit, Solo and Maestro, although we reserve the right to refuse payment
by credit card. Your credit card may be charged in £ Sterling. Please fax your details to Credit Control +44 (0) 1628 777891. Our website only
accepts credit cards.
v. McGraw-Hill Education is now with Batch. Please see http://www.batch.co.uk/web/home for further information.
10. Interest may be charged at the rate of 2% per month on overdue balances.
11. All costs, including legal expenses, incurred in the recovery of overdue balances will be payable by the customer.
12. Failure to settle overdue accounts may result in an interruption to supply.
13. The risk of loss and/or damage (but not title) to goods supplied by us shall pass to you when they are delivered to you or your nominee and we shall not be liable for the safety of the goods thereafter.
14. Retention of Title / Ownership of goods:
McGraw-Hill reserves the right to recover the debt by whatever means we see fit, including reclaiming any goods supplied for which we have
not received payment. This includes automatically and immediately revoking any right to resell or otherwise use our goods in your business,
without any requirement for us to give you notice, if you enter into any insolvency process. In these circumstances, we have the right to view,
list and segregate our stock and we can require you to deliver up the goods or we may recover them ourselves.
15. McGraw-Hill Education will make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. However, we disclaim all liabilities resulting from the following;
- Technical problems resulting in errors (including pricing errors) or interruptions of the website, due to server upgrades or otherwise. In the unlikely event that a product's correct price is higher than that shown, we will contact you to see if you still wish to proceed with the order
- Incompatibility of the website with your hardware, software or telecommunication links
- Failure of the website to meet your requirements
16. Customer agrees that they will not (directly or indirectly):
A. Market, promote or advertise goods sold to them by McGraw-Hill ("Goods") for sale in or into the United States of America or Canada
(together " North America ") ; or
B. Deliver or arrange for delivery of Goods to any address inside North America ; or
C. Sell Goods to any party resident in North America ; or
D. Authorise or encourage a third party to undertake any of the acts described in A, B or C above ; or
E. Sell and/or deliver Goods to any third party knowing that they will, are or likely to do any of the acts described at A, B or C above;
17. A Proforma invoice does not constitute a binding offer, and is issued for pricing purposes only.
18. We will advise at the point of invoicing of any product that McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited is unable to supply. We will do our best to fulfil your order but cannot guarantee to do so. Any delivery dates are only estimates. No order is accepted by us until confirmed by us (either by supply or otherwise).
19. When ordering goods for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Please be aware that you must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.